Service Hotline: +86-571-23219996 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
The braking device generates friction between the brake […]
The braking device generates friction between the brake pad and the wheel or disc, and in the process of friction, the kinetic energy of the vehicle is converted into heat energy. Common brakes are "drum brakes" and "disc brakes" two types, their basic characteristics are as follows:
First, the drum brake: the wheel hub inside the installation of two semi-circular brake pads, the use of "leverage principle" to promote the brakes so that the brakes and wheel drum contact with the inner surface of the friction. Drum brakes have been around for nearly a century, but because of their reliability and their powerful braking power, drum brakes are still used on many models (mostly for rear wheels). Drum brake is the hydraulic device will be installed in the brakes of the brakes to push out, so that brake pads and wheel rotation with the brake drum inner friction occurs, resulting in braking effect. Drum brakes on the inside of the brake drum is the braking device to produce the location of the braking torque. In the case of obtaining the same braking torque, the diameter of the brake drum of the drum brake may be much smaller than that of the disc brake. Therefore, for the purpose of obtaining a powerful braking force, a large vehicle for carrying heavy loads can only be equipped with drum brakes in a limited space of the rim. Drum brake mode of action simply, the drum brake is the use of brake drums in the static brake pads, to friction with the wheel rotation of the brake drum to produce friction to reduce the wheel rotation speed of the brake device. When the brake pedal is depressed, the foot force forces the piston in the master cylinder to push the brake oil forward and create pressure in the circuit. The pressure is transmitted to the brake cylinder piston of each wheel via the brake oil. The piston of the brake cylinder drives the brake pad outwardly to cause friction between the brake pad and the inner surface of the brake drum and generate enough friction force to reduce the wheel speed, In order to achieve the purpose of braking.
Drum brake advantages:
1. With automatic brake, so that the brake system can use a lower oil pressure, or use a much smaller diameter than the brake disc brake drum.
2. The handbrake mechanism is easy to install. Some rear wheel disc brake models, will be installed in the central part of the brake disc brakes the handbrake body.
3. Parts of the processing and composition is relatively simple, and have a relatively low manufacturing costs.
Drum brake shortcomings:
1. Drum Brake drum after heating the diameter will increase, resulting in the brake pedal to increase the trip, prone to brake response than expected. Therefore, the use of drum brakes in the driving of the vehicle, to try to avoid continuous braking caused by brake pads due to high temperature and thermal decay phenomenon.
2. Brakes slow response, the brake pedal force less difficult to control, is not conducive to high-frequency brake action.
3. Construction of complex parts, brake clearance to be adjusted, making maintenance is not easy. As the vehicle performance and driving speed and the surge, in order to increase the vehicle at high speed braking stability, the disc brake has become the mainstream of the current brake system. As the disc brake disc is exposed to the air, making the disc brake has excellent heat dissipation, when the vehicle in the high-speed state to do a sudden brake or brake in a short time many times, the performance of the brake less recession, allowing vehicles to obtain Better braking effect, in order to enhance the safety of the vehicle. And because the disc brake fast response, have the ability to do high-frequency braking action, so many models with disc brake and ABS systems and VSC, TCS and other systems to meet the needs of such systems need to quickly move.
Second, the disc brake: brake calipers to control the two brake pads to grip the wheels on the brake disc. When the brake disc sandwiches the disc, the friction between the two will occur. Disk brake mode of action: As the name suggests, disc brakes to the static brake discs, grip the wheel with the rotation of the brake disc to produce friction, so that the wheel speed will be low brake device. When the brake pedal is depressed, the piston in the master cylinder is pushed and the pressure is established in the brake circuit. The pressure of the brake oil delivered to the brake calipers on the brake cylinder piston, the brake cylinder piston under pressure, it will move out and push the brakes to brake brakes, making the brake pads and brake disc friction to Reduce the wheel speed so that the car slows down or stops.
The advantages of disc brakes:
1. Disc brakes heat better than the drum brake, brake pedal in the continuous comparison will not cause brake failure and brake failure phenomenon.
2. Brake disc after heating changes in size does not make the stroke of the brake pedal increases.
3. Disc brake system, fast response, can do high-frequency braking action, which is more in line with the needs of ABS systems.
4. Disc brake without drum brakes automatically tighten the role, so the left and right wheels of the braking force is relatively average.
5. Because of the better drainage brakes, you can reduce the water or sediment caused by poor braking situation.
6. Compared with the drum brake, the disc brake structure is simple and easy to repair.
Disadvantages of disc brakes:
1. Because there is no drum brakes the role of automatic brake tight, so that the brake disc brake brake force is lower than the drum.
2. Disc brake pads and brake disc friction between the brake drum area than the small, so that the power of the brake is relatively small.
3. To improve the shortcomings of the disc brake, so the need for greater force or oil pressure. So you must use a larger diameter of the brake disc, or improve the braking system of the oil pressure to improve the braking force.
4 hand brake device is not easy to install, and some rear wheel using the disc brake models for this purpose and the addition of a group of drum brakes of the handbrake agencies.
5. Brake wear of the larger, the replacement frequency may be more